New Forum Software Upgrade

Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.
technlgyst
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Re: New Forum Software Upgrade

Post by technlgyst »

Johannes wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 10:45 Hi,

I checked and can it be you quite a bit shortened it? I tried to replace with the final post, but since HTML and bbcodes have changed got a bit messy.
So would be best if you could kindly reapply the shortening/changes.

Sorry for that but should have been the only post just in the hours of the switch.

Thanks a lot
Johannes
Johannes wrote:
Hi johannes,

Thanks, and thank you for updating the table layout! The posts may be there indeed, but I edited the first and second post quite considerably, and those changes are gone. Also user Spider deleted his post, which now seemed to have reappeared. I made those changes Thursday 25th of April in the evening CET. Should I edit the posts and make the changes manually again, or is the latest version of the thread hanging around somewhere?

Cheers!
Hi!

Yes indeed, I shortened it quite a bit. I'll update the posts again then.

Cheers!
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ericL »

Schorsch wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 11:01 Hi,

one thing I notice is that I am getting logged out of the forum every other day or so, even if I check the "Remember me" box when logging in. I can't remember having been looged out before when the old forum software was in place.

Did anyone else experienced this as well, since I wonder if this regular automatic log out is something that has been implemented deliberately as part of the new software, if this is an error, or if there is probably something wrong on my side
I started noticing this a few months ago on the old forum software. It would happen daily or more often when I surfed away from the forum. I had intended to ask questions about it and never got around to it.

This morning I was logged out as well on the new software. I've found it only happens on my Mac and not on my iPhone.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
DJKeys
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by DJKeys »

ericL wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 15:42
Schorsch wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 11:01 Hi,

one thing I notice is that I am getting logged out of the forum every other day or so, even if I check the "Remember me" box when logging in. I can't remember having been looged out before when the old forum software was in place.

Did anyone else experienced this as well, since I wonder if this regular automatic log out is something that has been implemented deliberately as part of the new software, if this is an error, or if there is probably something wrong on my side
I started noticing this a few months ago on the old forum software. It would happen daily or more often when I surfed away from the forum. I had intended to ask questions about it and never got around to it.

This morning I was logged out as well on the new software. I've found it only happens on my Mac and not on my iPhone.
This happened to me yesterday. I could not log back in or even user the Forgotten Password option, as the site no longer saw my email as valid. Clearing the Cache in Chrome corrected the problem, as there must have been a lot of data from the old site still stored in my browser-

-dj
These users thanked the author DJKeys for the post:
ericL

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
Johannes
Administrator
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Johannes »

Yes sorry, yesterday had to delete all sessions due to some changes in the server settings.
Now shjoudl all work and shall not do this (other in exceptions in case the full list of user sessions crashes the database (happened just few times over the past years).
These users thanked the author Johannes for the post (total 3):
ericL, dmamfmgm, Schorsch
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Post by vojtech-h »

Once again to the peculiarity of the thread
viewtopic.php?t=24813&start=10
Johannes wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 10:51 Went to reply to the post you mention and seems to work:
The reply window opens on top an dhte posts are shown in descending order form the last post.
Yes, this is fine.

The number of messages is interesting.
In the thread you can see now 11 posts on two pages.
The PostReply list offers more old posts, before today's last one there are three older ones (yesterday's), which are not visible in the thread.

Thanks
Vojtech
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

vojtech-h wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 20:08 Once again to the peculiarity of the thread
viewtopic.php?t=24813&start=10
Johannes wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 10:51 Went to reply to the post you mention and seems to work:
The reply window opens on top an dhte posts are shown in descending order form the last post.
Yes, this is fine.

The number of messages is interesting.
In the thread you can see now 11 posts on two pages.
The PostReply list offers more old posts, before today's last one there are three older ones (yesterday's), which are not visible in the thread.

Thanks
Vojtech
Yes I had noticed the same on that thread and the strange thing is that if you activate the filter to show only the last 7 days messages, then you see also the missing one... something to check @Johannes :roll:
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Post by vojtech-h »

Yes, Max you are right with the filters

other topics with the same behavior
viewtopic.php?t=25232
viewtopic.php?t=25365
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Post by cookie »

Is it possible to have the portal by default ? (app.php/portal) ?
Instead of having the Index when you connect or click on the Board Index animated GIF (index.php) ?
Maybe this is an option in the profile but I didn't find it.
Thanks !
Fred
These users thanked the author cookie for the post:
Johannes
Mr_-G-

Post by Mr_-G- »

I think it would be even more useful to have this selectable from the User Control Panel.
In my case I think the "unread posts" page to be loaded by default is more useful than the index or the portal.
In any case all these destinations are a click away, so it is not such a big deal.
These users thanked the author Mr_-G- for the post:
Nordlicht
Johannes
Administrator
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Johannes »

Hi,

the post issue still looking into it.
Added some buttons on top right for unread new etc .posts.

The portal yes eventually can become default (you can always go to index.php to have the forums list.
But first need to fix some portal issues.

Thanks!
johannes
These users thanked the author Johannes for the post (total 3):
dmamfmgm, Schorsch, ericL