Hungry Like The Wolf

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
jim88
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Hungry Like The Wolf

Post by jim88 »

My band wants to play Hungry Like The Wolf. Hoping someone has a NS3 program they'll share.

I spotted ericL's over here. Just wondering if anyone else has taken a stab at getting it all into one program (2 panels).
viewtopic.php?p=146375#p146375

By my ear it would need:
- arpeggiator
- sweeping pad in verse
- hollow pad in chorus
- the giggle at the beginning would be a nice touch!

Anyone have one they can share?
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Hungry Like The Wolf

Post by ericL »

Glad you found my example. It's far from perfect, though it works well live.

I hadn't thought of sampling the giggle at the beginning...good idea!

I'm only using one program for this song with the arp on one panel and the phased pad on the other panel, with control pedal morph for volume swells. I change my layered Hammond drawbar setting within the same program. Clearly Nick Rhodes didn't use a Hammond, LOL...it just fattens it up for me and works well live.

If you wanted to have the giggle, plus the arp, plus two different synth sounds for verse and chorus, that's four different things. That won't fit into one program with the limitation of two synth panels, unless you create some custom samples where, for example, you have the giggle assigned to the lowest key with two other verse/chorus sounds sampled into zones above that (catching three sounds on one synth panel). Then you'd have the other synth panel free for the arpeggiator thing. That's a bit of work, though it would be possible. Another option would be using two programs and splitting things between those. With seamless transition and song mode, it makes that sort of thing pretty smooth on the NS3.

Good luck if you work on this and please share your results!
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.