Nord Stage 3 Synth Section

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Mulch
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Nord Stage 3 Synth Section

Post by Mulch »

Hello,
is there a possibility to indicate the synth-section on the main display (program section). In the german manual is a picture on page 34, but I can't reach it.
Many thanks
Mulch
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: Nord Stage 3 Synth Section

Post by Schorsch »

Hello,

not sure what you are talking about .. page 34 of the Stage 3 German user manual talks about the list view of the synth presets, which is shown when pressing SHIFT while dialing the synth preset knob.

What do you exactly mean by "indicate the synth-section on the main display (program section)" ?
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visualize NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, Uhl X4V-1, 2-manual HX3.4 organ made by Tastendoktor, SL88 Studio
Mulch
Germany

Post by Mulch »

Hello,
on the bottom right of p.34 is a picture, which shows a list of synth-sounds. On the lower edge you can read "Samp, Synth, Classic Synth". It should be possible to choose these categories with the soft buttons below the display, but these soft buttons are only available in the main-display in the middle of the stage. And now my question: How can I get the Synth list in this display?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

Mulch wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 15:13 Hello,
on the bottom right of p.34 is a picture, which shows a list of synth-sounds. On the lower edge you can read "Samp, Synth, Classic Synth". It should be possible to choose these categories with the soft buttons below the display, but these soft buttons are only available in the main-display in the middle of the stage. And now my question: How can I get the Synth list in this display?
It doesn't work like that, you are confusing Programs (and their Categories) and Synth Presets (which have their Categories, different)

Browsing Synth Presets is done in Synth display, Programs in central display; recommendation is to read carefully all of NS3 manual to understand the difference.
Last edited by maxpiano on 03 Jul 2024, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post (total 3):
ericL, Schorsch, analogika
Mulch
Germany

Post by Mulch »

Thank you for clearing the problem. I've read the manual but not as careful as necessary. ;-)
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

Mulch wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 15:55 Thank you for clearing the problem. I've read the manual but not as careful as necessary. ;-)
Yw, we've all been thru that and some things may be still "tricky" also after reading them more than one time :D but (seriously) if you read it in front of your switched-on NS3 and try what you read immediately (at least the things that tickle your interest and curiosity) it can be easier. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post (total 3):
DJKeys, Schorsch, analogika