NS4 Nord Soft Bag Inquiry (alternatives?)

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
bundy73
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave
Germany

NS4 Nord Soft Bag Inquiry (alternatives?)

Post by bundy73 »

Hi,
I currently use an NS4 compact and am fond of the Nord softbag. However, I'm seeking adjustments or alternative keyboard bags that provide extra space to accommodate a USB MIDI keyboard as well.

Does anyone know of any alternative bags compatible with the NS4 that offer additional compartments for carrying more items?

Additionally, does anyone know which company manufactures these softbags for Nord, so I can potentially reach out to them?

Appreciate your assistance!
M_a_c
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5
Germany

Re: NS4 Nord Soft Bag Inquiry (alternatives?)

Post by M_a_c »

... just let me tell from my experience...

I have a NS473 (HP) and searched for alternatives, but the size of the NS473 leads to a (much to) tight or space leaving. In the end, I decided to take the offical "Nord Case Piano73", where I can put a small Roland A-300 (mostly or Pads) in the front bag. Okay - meanwhile I had already a A-800 with an own softbag again... I prefer those backpack options, a real fitting size and the smart carrying when ontheroad (best would be, it fits to my backseat...)

My NS473 come with 1069 x 349 x 121 - your NS4compact is specified with 1066 x 322 x 104 - Looks quite similar...

On my search I checked the "Nord Softcase73" (1130x330x110) first, but it was really tight and would surely not properly protect the key.
By the way - this the solution for all "compact" models that Nord offers on the current website.
and I guess that the little difference to the NS4compact could make it fit in this really smart softbag - maybe someone could try...

I like those SOUNDWEAR-Bags and tried a 29127R" with 1270 x 460 x 160 an a "29130R" with 1300 x 350 x 140, but both options leave to much place and I need to put an additional fill in. It also seems to me, that the faders and buttons are not enough protected.

Second try was a RITTER Bag Bern 11225 with 1125 x 350 x 160. It was also nice, but again the Nord does not fit exactly and it leaves to much space.

So I got back to the official "Nord Case Piano 73". No Backpack-option, a real massive thing - but my (expensive) keyboard seems to be save the best.
Especially the user-interface with its buttons and faders needs protection and care and I don´t like to put anything in the accessorry bag, that could damage it. So no compromise - I followed the producers recommendation. Anything in the accessorry space - especially a second key - seems to be a risk in my eyes.

With that, my inventory of not used Softcases is immense...
:roll: :lol:
... onstage since '78 and on the endless (?) hunt for the perfect stage keyboard...
Current Gear: Nord Stage 4 73 - Nord Electro 5 73 - Yamaha YC61 - Crumar7 - Roland VR-09 - Roland RD-300GX - Yamaha PSR-SX900 - Roland XP-60
Former Gear: ... to much...