UAD-Plugins to enhance Nord Stage Samples

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
zoot-allures
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Germany

UAD-Plugins to enhance Nord Stage Samples

Post by zoot-allures »

I am in the process of sampling some Presets from my Yamaha Motif. I use Sample Robot and the apollo Console Software for this. Until now I have just recorded pure Samples, but I wonder if it would make sense to use some of the effects available in my UAD Software either already while recording or afterwards. OK, afterwards makes only sense in a studio situation. With other words: Are there any Nord Stage Users here who use in their home studio UAD Software Plugins to enhance the sounds from their Nord Stage Keyboards?
It is perfectly clear that the Nord Stage offers also a lot of tools to enhance pure samples. I am in the process of learning to use these tools. That's the most straightforward approach, another would be to use effect plugins like for example the UAD Dimension Chorus:
https://www.uaudio.de/uad-plugins/delay ... horus.html
Sometimes I got the impression that the sampled sounds have lost some of their higher frequencies. I am sure there a million ways to fix that. I guess also with the EQ of the NS4 this can be done.
One UAD Plugin which I like for this is the bx saturator. I can recommend for example the presset "Crisp FM Sounds" for E Pianos, but also for certain Lead Sounds.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: UAD-Plugins to enhance Nord Stage Samples

Post by FZiegler »

Whatever you don't include, you can add later flexibly and as you wish. In my eyes, flexibility counts much more than perfection.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars