Best option to use NE with Hammond Exp-50 pedal

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
yurabirukov
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Russia

Best option to use NE with Hammond Exp-50 pedal

Post by yurabirukov »

Hi! Maybe someone knows… Which option should I choose in settings to use my NE6 with Hammond Exp-50 pedal?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Re: Best option to use NE with Hammond Exp-50 pedal

Post by maxpiano »

Hi, simply plug it into the CtrlPed input of your NE6, configure it in System Menu (see https://www.nordkeyboards.com/wt/docume ... on%20H.pdf chapter 11 Control Pedal - Type, choose Fatar or EV7) and then enable it on the Section(s) you want (normally Organ and/or Synth) using Shift+OctaveUp (see the led under the button, when it is on CtrlPed is active) to control their volume or "swell" in case of the B3 Organ.

Setting is of course per Program so in each you can decide if/where you want to enable the CtrlPedal.

Another use is to control the Wha or Rate of Effect 1, to enable it there you have to Shift-click the Fx selection button

PS: all this is in the NE6 manual, read all of it and try what you read while you do it: this is still the best way to learn your NE6. :thumbup:
yurabirukov
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Russia

Post by yurabirukov »

“ Fatar or EV7” — I meant those options. So you think I should try these two… thank you!
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

yurabirukov wrote: 26 Jul 2024, 10:01 “ Fatar or EV7” — I meant those options. So you think I should try these two… thank you!
I read in another forum that Fatar should be OK; anyway options are just a few, you can try them all (using a wrong setting won't break anything, just not work properly) ;-)