Piano library - new versions in instrument, not on website

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
United States of America

Re: Piano library - new versions in instrument, not on websi

Post by Gambold »

They should put the short one in the middle in charge of social media and the website. I'm sure she would do a better job keeping things updated than what's happening now.

You didn't know about the catalog? Gee, who did? And you're a lifer here. Again...put the kid in charge, it can't get any worse.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
No synths!
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave
Italy

Post by Spider »

To be fair, the catalog is right there in full view on the homepage of the website, and as far as I can remeber, always has been.
florence
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
France

Post by florence »

just tested the new Bright Grand Med 6.1 on my NS3, no difference as expected...

but the Soft Release option is no more available. (it is working on the 'official' 5.3 version). That is weird.
These users thanked the author florence for the post (total 2):
WannitBBBad, FZiegler
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.glitch.me
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

florence wrote:just tested the new Bright Grand Med 6.1 on my NS3, no difference as expected...

but the Soft Release option is no more available. (it is working on the 'official' 5.3 version). That is weird.
:shock:

Do you mean the button doesn't even activate? Or that it does but no effect is audible?

I wonder if this holds true for the other "new" samples as well...
florence
Patch Creator
France

Post by florence »

unable to enable the button
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.glitch.me
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

florence wrote:just tested the new Bright Grand Med 6.1 on my NS3, no difference as expected...

Thanks, I've always loaded pianos assuming all functions were covered. It doesn't make sense that a 6.1 version wouldn't be fully compatible when other 'official' 6.1 versions have worked fine, so it's possible that a revision is needed to allow one to enable Soft Release with the Stage 3. However, Nord set up its site so you now have to choose your instrument before it will take you to the appropriate sound library, so its possible that Nord has decided that already-released pianos will only be updated to enable features in new models (Stage 3 uses v5.3, Stage 4 uses v6.1 as there's no change in the sampled sound), but new piano releases will be designed to be backwards compatible for all models. I'm leaning toward it being an error to be addressed, but I guess we'll see.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 27 Feb 2023, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
United States of America

Post by Gambold »

> so its possible that Nord has decided that already-released pianos will only be updated to enable features in new models <

I'm glad I'm not a newbie who bought a Piano 5, decided to reload a sample, and then selected the different one from a different page on the website.

I have personally benefitted from the "secret knowledge," and have freed up considerable space on my Electro 6 by loading the smaller White Grand and Electric Grand samples, that I poached from the Piano 5 backup file, made available in ONE part of the website (not the other).

The Piano Library was and still should be the pride of Clavia, both as a marketing tool and as a unique feature for their instruments. The continuous upgrades of the past glory days were a solid loyalty-builder for their customers. Me included.

This current shambles (which we have discussed at length and has to be known at Clavia) is nothing to be proud of, and speaks to a company that is in serious need of good middle management.
Last edited by Gambold on 28 Feb 2023, 05:54, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
No synths!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

Gambold wrote:> so it's possible that Nord has decided that already-released pianos will only be updated to enable features in new models <
...This current shambles (which we have discussed at length and has to be known at Clavia) is nothing to be proud of, and speaks to a company that is in serious need of good middle management.
Though I mentioned it's a possibility, I am not at all bothered by it if it comes to pass. My Stage 3 has a Bright Grand; in my opinion, Nord has no obligation to make sure the Bright Grand they've updated to work with the Stage 4 will work in my Stage 3. However, I would have strong feelings like you have if Nord released a new piano that wasn't compatible with my Stage 3. Regarding the website management and multiple versions of the same piano being available for the Nord Piano 5 (not sure if similar instances have occurred for other models), my response wasn't answering to that, but simply a function not working when loading a piano into an instrument it might not have been designed for - not sure at this point whether it's an error to be fixed or a Nord position on backwards compatibility on pianos previously released.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 28 Feb 2023, 17:28, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

I think, whatever the final answer is going to be, the way they are presented now on the website is certainly problematic.

Even if you select Piano 5 as your instrument, the page that you are brought to still shows the "older" versions of the pianos. It's the fact that in order to get access to the newest ones you have to download and extract the factory restore package that clearly indicates a confusion by their side.

If the Piano 5 is supposed, for whatever reason, to use the newer versions (whatever their actual difference with previous ones might be), one should be able to get them as single downloads too, with compatibility and features clearly stated and explained.

I find a bit odd, but also remarkable in a positive sense in a way, that what they did in the last covid years was to develop what we now know to be a new hardware, meanwhile completely tripping themselves up over something so silly as managing links and information on their webiste...
Last edited by Hlaalu on 28 Feb 2023, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
dansnord
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Post by dansnord »

While I mostly don’t disagree with what you’re saying, in the end, links on the website don’t make them money. New hardware does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk