nord 4 sample length limit?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
magmemphisost
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

nord 4 sample length limit?

Post by magmemphisost »

hello, I wonder if there is anyway to playback longer then 60 sec on shot samples ?

This seems to be a limit in the newest sample editor?

I often use introes an other samples witch its longer then 60 sec,
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: nord 4 sample length limit?

Post by Schorsch »

Hi,

I think that's not just a limit in the newest sample editor but also in the previous versions. I also need a sample at around 100 sec length and could not do it, so I split it up into a 60 sec and a 40 sec piece, and assigned each to a different key, next to each other at the very top of the keyboard. I now play the first key and when the 60 sec sample comes to it's end I play the other key - a bit or practice and it works well/without noticecable interruption but it's definielty not a great workaround.

I luckily just need one sample at that size :)
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

It could be done in NSE 2, but neither in 3 nor 4. Which is only an option if you don't need it for the newest generation of Nord gear.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
cgrafx
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by cgrafx »

As much a it seams like the NS4 or any Nord keyboard that has sample capability should be able to do what your asking, the fact is its a Keyboard NOT a general purpose sample player.

Get the right tool for the job. Look at something like the Akai MPX8 Sample Payer.

the Akai MPX8 Sample Payer uses an RAM SD card that can be up to 32GB and can load samples of up 30MB, so you have plenty of sample RAM to play with. Thats 5 minutes mono 48kHz or around 2.5 minutes stereo. You can mix and match sample rates of 11.025kHz, 22.050kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz WAV files.

Or you could use almost any MP3 player on a tablet, or phone and play a recording of pretty much any length (because at more than a few seconds thats actually what your trying to do)
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
Normski
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Normski »

If you use an early sample editor to create the sample and then use the sound manager to send it to your S4 it should convert it.
The sample editor 2.28 should be ok to create a sample longer than 60 secs.
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads ... ple-editor